HTL Nurse or Teacher
Nurse-or-teacher.
A hypertext narrative by
Emmanuelle Paradis-Tremblay
Created with
The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker
Word count: 764
Choice count: 18
Section count: 11
Image count: 11
Error count: 0
Field Related Analysis
Education : 61 matches
(choice, college, don, education, education in, first, high school, learn, primary education, school, semester, social, teacher, university)Dance : 20 matches
(back, break, out, recover, social)Paramedics : 18 matches
(disease, health, nurse, nursing, volunteer)Target Structure: (4 matches)
internships (1 match)
volunteer (2 matches)
volunteering (2 matches)
abroad (2 matches)
Nurse-or-teacher.
Starting College.
After high school, you have to choose where you want your career to start. It can be hard to choose when you don’t know. As I didn’t know at all what I wanted to be when I grow up, I decided to choose a pre-university. Should I choose Nature Science or Social Science?
Choice 1 : Study Social Science.
Choice 2 : Study Nature Science.

Study Nature Science.
I choose to start my college journey in Nature Science. My first semester is really hard... I want to change program. Should I go in nursing or in Social Science?
Choice 1 : Study Social Science.
Choice 2 : Go in Nursing.
Study Social Science.
I still don't really know what I want to do when I'm done with college. Nursing has always interested me. Should I try it or just keep going with Social Science?
Choice 1 : Stay in Social Science.
Choice 2 : Go in Nursing.
Go in Nursing.
As soon as I finish my college in Nursing, I got the opportunity to spend the summer in Africa to volunteer. I didn't know if I wanted to go or stay home for summer.
Choice 1 : Staying home during my summer.
Choice 2 : Go Volunteering abroad.
Go Volunteering abroad.
I choose to volunteer, I always thought it would be an awesome opportunity to learn about the world and a different country. I helped a lot of different people in Africa. The plan was to go help them during the whole summer but, one month after I arrived, I started to be sick... I had to choose between going back home or staying in Africa and hoping it passes.
Choice 1 : Staying in Africa.
Choice 2 : Go back home.
Going back home.
Going back home really help me recover, I got better and enjoyed my summer with my family. When summer came to an end, I was really stressed.The disease I had really scared me, and I was not sure about my career anymore. I had to choose either to stay in nursing and continue my studies at University or change completely.
Choice 1 : Continue my studies in Nursing at University.
Choice 2 : Change my career.
Staying home during my summer.
I choose to take a beak and enjoy my summer with my friends and family. My summer made me realize that maybe nursing wasn't for me... When summer came to an end, I had to make a real choice: commit and start University in Nursing or completely change my career.
Choice 1 : Continue my studies in Nursing at University.
Choice 2 : Change my career.
Continue my studies in Nursing at University.
WRONG CHOICE Nursing really wasn’t for me at all after all. I dropped out of University. I took a gap year because I didn’t know what was meant for me and I just needed a break. After my gap year, I knew I wanted to start a new program.
Choice 1 : Start a new program.
Start a new program.
I was scared to go back in School, but it really helped me with my mental health, I chose to go in primary education. I made so many friends and enjoyed my first year back in University. After my first year, I knew I had chosen the right career for me. I did my four years at University and enjoyed all of it. The thing I like the most about it was for sure the internships. After I graduated, I got the opportunity to have a contract right away in a school. I was excited so I accepted right away. I started the job I always wanted to do in the back of my mind, teaching little kid!! The end… Go back to the start:
Choice 1 : Go back to the start
Stay in Social Science.
When I finished my college year, I chose to go in primary education in University. I made so many friends, and enjoyed my time there. After my first year, I knew I had chosen the right career for me. I did my four years at University, and after I graduated, I got the opportunity to have a contract right away in a school. I was so excited, I accepted right away. I started the job I always wanted to do in the back of my mind, teaching little kid!! The end….
Choice 1 : Go back to the start
Commentaires
Publier un commentaire